LDL Disciplinary Procedure
The following is a description of LDL policy regarding rule numbers 1, 8, 12, 13, and 15 in the Code of Conduct. These rules are:
- Headshots are not condoned and we expect players to apologize and to show sympathy for inflicting them. An excessive amount of headshots will result in disciplinary action.
• Profanity, racism, sexism, discrimination, heckling, and insults are not condoned and will be dealt with accordingly. We reserve the right to warn, suspend, or expel players from the league based on their behaviour.
• Players may not engage in any sort of physical altercation at any of LDL’s events. These situations will likely result in immediate expulsion from the league and further punitive action could take place as per LDL jurisdiction.
• Cigarette, drug, and/or alcohol consumption on school properties is not condoned before, during, or after dodgeball. We reserve the right to ask players to leave if we catch them doing any of these things.
• We reserve the right to give warnings to players and to suspend players given any violation to the above code of conduct.
LDL is committed to operating a league that is sportsmanlike and fun for everyone. In such cases where that spirit is violated, however, all league volunteers have the ability to exercise the following policies in order to enforce the rules above. All incidents are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and while all discussion is appreciated regarding these incidents, LDL reserves the right to uphold any final decisions.
For cases of repeated cheating and/or unsportsmanlike conduct
LDL volunteers reserve the right to determine cases of extreme cheating or unsportsmanlike conduct. These actions are described by (but not limited to) those actions in the rules above. Players or teams in these cases will be subject to the following if these cases exhibit a recurring pattern (in order of occurrence):
1) A verbal warning will be extended to the offending parties. In some cases, you may be asked by an LDL volunteer to leave the gym for the night. Failure to comply will forfeit your right to play, as well as all of your team’s games for the night.
2) All offending parties will personally receive a message by the LDL Director of Safety.
3) All offending parties will personally receive a call by the LDL Director of Safety.
4) All offending parties will be suspended.
For cases involving physical threats, verbal threats, and/or unwanted physical contact
LDL volunteers reserve the right to determine what constitutes a case of physical/verbal threat and/or unwanted physical contact. All players or teams in these cases will be subject to the following:
1) Automatic request by an LDL volunteer to leave the gym for the night. Failure to comply will forfeit your right to play, as well as all of your team’s games for the night.
2) Automatic suspension(s). The duration of these suspensions are determined on a case-by-case basis.
3) Automatic review of the incident. LDL reserves the right to expel players from the league based upon such review.
For cases involving physical altercations
LDL volunteers reserve the right to determine what constitutes a physical altercation. All parties involved in these cases will be asked to leave the gym and will be expelled from the league.
For cases of cigarette, drug, and/or alcohol consumption on school properties
All parties involved in these cases will be asked to leave the premises. Repeat offenders may be subject to further discipline.